Drunk Driving Charges
In one instant you went from carefree and enjoying the moment to being slammed with DUI charges. Helpless, alarmed, and confused, you no doubt feel as though there is no way out. Our firm is here to say that there is. While any driving under the influence charge is a real legal problem, you are innocent until proven guilty.
While you simply face charges right now, if you are convicted of drunk driving, you may spend time in jail. In serious DUI cases, such as DUI manslaughter, the conviction may land you in state prison. Even a first offense could result in up to 6 months in jail, so it is important to do everything you can to protect yourself against the penalties of a conviction. Some DUI offenses include:
- Felony DUI
- Multiple DUI
- DUI with injury
- DUI with accident
- DUI with fatality accident
Regardless of what DUI charge you face, if convicted you will receive a permanent mark on your criminal record (unless your record can be expunged or sealed). You do not want to gamble with your future! Get a hard-hitting DUI defense attorney on your side and receive hope and help today!
Florida DUI Penalties
Facing DUI charges can be very stressful, and if convicted, you may face steep consequences. Depending on the charges, however, different penalties may apply. Penalties for various DUI convictions include:
- First Offense—Fine of $500-$1,000, mandatory 50 hours of community service, imprisonment for no more than 6 months, probation not exceeding a year, vehicle impoundment for 10 days, license revocation for minimum of 180 days.
- Second Offense—Fine of $1,000-$2,000, imprisonment for no more than 9 months, vehicle impoundment for 30 days, license revocation for a minimum of 5 years.
- Third Offense—Fine of $2,000-$5,000, imprisonment for no more than 12 months, vehicle impoundment of 90 days, license revocation for minimum of 10 years
- Third Offense Within 10 Years—Results in a Third Degree Felony, fine of $5,000 and/or imprisonment for no more than 5 years
- Property Damage/Personal Injury—Fine of $1,000 and/or imprisonment for no more than 1 year
- Repeat Offender/Serious Bodily Injury—Fine of $5,000 and/or imprisonment for no more than 5 years
- Manslaughter—Fine of $10,000 and/or imprisonment for no more than 15 years
- Manslaughter/Leaving the Scene—Fine of $10,000 and/or imprisonment for no more than 30 years
Along with these consequences, you may have to face others that include: installation of an Ignition Interlock Device, completion of DUI Counter Attack School and treatment. Not only is a DUI conviction scary, it hurts your future and inconveniences your present. Nobody wants to be charged with something they weren't guilty of or be crippled for life, as a result of a careless mistake. We believe in second chances and we fight for our clients' continual freedom, peace, and happiness! No charge is a conviction until we have tried our best to dismiss or lessen it. Let us help you navigate the frightening and often overwhelming channels of a DUI case.
Fight Your Charges
Various tests may be administered when arrested for DUI. A blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test is usually administered. What you may not know is that many times these tests have been found to be inaccurate. There is no perfect testing equipment that is fail-safe, and the breathalyzer may be faulty or may not have had the required maintenance that any testing equipment requires. There are many other possible defenses against a DUI charge, so it important to make sure that you have a skilled defense attorney working on your behalf.
We have experience with multiple cases and preliminary hearings and have fought for clients facing both misdemeanor and felony charges. We give every individual we represent our personalized, dedicated attention. The Florida Court System and DMV take DUI charges seriously and you should too. While you face severe charges, it is important to remember that you haven't been convicted yet. While you can't be penalized yet, you could be soon unless you secure the aggressive legal defense you are going to need on your side immediately. Contact us today to receive hard-hitting DUI defense!