FORT LAUDERDALE FRAUD DEFENSE LAWYERS
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A FRAUD CRIME IN BROWARD COUNTY?
Fraud isn't just one type of offense. Rather, it's an umbrella term that covers various crimes that involve deceptive practices to obtain something of value or benefit. In Florida, these offenses can be charged as misdemeanors or felonies. And while a felony is considered a more serious offense than a misdemeanor, both come with severe consequences, including incarceration and/or fines.
If you've been accused of a fraud crime, act quickly to get a skilled lawyer on your side. Without legal representation, navigating the criminal justice system can be challenging, which is why you need someone who can guide you through the process and fight your charge.
At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., our Fort Lauderdale fraud defense lawyers have nearly 50 years of combined experience. Additionally, we have served as former prosecutors, which means we know how the other side thinks, and we can bring unique insights to your case. When you turn to us, you can be confident that you'll have a zealous advocate on your side, working hard toward a favorable outcome on your behalf.
To schedule an immediate and confidential consultation to discuss your circumstances, call our fraud defense attorneys in Fort Lauderdale at (954) 840-8713 or contact us online today.
DEFENSE FOR VARIOUS TYPES OF FRAUD CHARGES IN FT. LAUDERDALE
As mentioned earlier, fraud isn't just one crime. A myriad of offenses can fall under this classification. Regardless of the charge you're facing, our Fort Lauderdale fraud defense lawyers can handle your matter effectively. We thoroughly prepare for each case we take on, scouring every detail leading up to the charge to identify weaknesses in the State's allegations. From the moment you retain our services, we'll start crafting a unique defense for your specific circumstances by learning about the situation from your perspective and understanding your goals and needs.
Our Fort Lauderdale fraud defense attorneys don't back down from a challenge and are prepared to take on even the toughest opponents. We'll stand beside you throughout your case, fighting to protect your rights and freedoms.
At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., we handle all kinds of fraud-related matters, including, but not limited to:
- Bribery: This offense occurs when someone offers something beneficial to a public servant in return for a specific action or omission. It can also be committed when a public servant asks for or accepts some benefit to influence their actions.
- Check fraud: It's an offense to issue a check in exchange for goods or services knowing there are not enough funds in the account to cover the entire cost.
- Credit/debit card fraud: A person could be charged with an offense if they use a credit or debit card to obtain goods or services knowing that the card is forged or stolen.
- Forgery: This crime is committed when a person knowingly makes or alters an official document or record.
- Identity theft: Using another individual's personal identifying information without consent is a crime.
- Insurance fraud: A person commits this offense when they knowingly present false information or omit material facts to receive insurance benefits.
- Obtaining property through false presentation: It's illegal for a person to falsely claim they are someone else to receive property.
TRUST YOUR CASE TO A TEAM OF AWARD-WINNING ATTORNEYS
If you've been charged with a fraud crime, reach out to Hager & Schwartz, P.A. Our Fort Lauderdale fraud defense lawyers provide high-quality legal representation in Fort Lauderdale and throughout Broward County, and we will be committed to delivering the defense you need to fight your charge.
Speak with a member of our Fort Lauderdale fraud defense lawyers by calling (954) 840-8713. You can also submit an online contact form, and we'll get back to you promptly.