Possession With Intent To Sell Lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL
Defense for Possession with Intent Charges in Broward County
Under Florida and federal law, the possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute or sell is unlawful and a felony offense. A person convicted of such a charge can face heavy fines, lengthy sentences, and lifelong consequences such as the inability to secure employment, housing, and more. For this reason, individuals charged with such should seek experienced legal representation right away.
At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., our Fort Lauderdale drug attorneys are backed by ample experience both outside and inside the courtroom. We have the knowledge to defend your rights and future.
When you choose to work with our team, you can rest easier knowing we will provide you with the following:
- A team that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A legal team that is equipped with former prosecutors
- A team backed by nearly 50 years of legal experience
Because these types of cases are time-sensitive, it is urgent you contact our legal team right away.
Elements that Must be Established to Obtain Conviction
In many cases, defendants do not have an actual intention to sell the drugs he or she possesses. However, prosecutors will use the “intent to sell” in ordinary possession cases in order to worsen the defendant’s conviction.
Before a person can be convicted, a prosecutor must prove the following:
- The defendant had knowledge of the substance
- The substance is a controlled substance as defended in F.S. 893.03
- The defendant possessed the substance either actually or constructively
- The defendant intended to manufacture, sell, or deliver that substance
Florida Intent to Sell or Distribute Drugs Penalties
- Schedule I and some Schedule II drugs: Second-degree felony, which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison, fines up to $10,000.00, or both.
- Schedule III, Schedule IV and some Schedule II drugs: Third-degree felony, which can carry up to five years in prison, a $5,000.00 fine, or both.
- Schedule V drugs: First-degree misdemeanor, which can carry up to a one-year sentence and a maximum $1,000.00 fine.
Consequences, fines, and sentences can be enhanced by various mitigating factors including whether a weapon was present or involved, whether the alleged incident took place close to a school, whether the defendant had prior criminal convictions, and more.
Our Ft. Lauderdale Legal Team Can Defend Your Rights
If you or someone you love has been accused of possession of controlled substances with an intent to distribute or sell, we urge you to get in touch with our Fort Lauderdale possession with intent to sell lawyers as soon as possible. Failure to retain an experienced lawyer can lead to a lifetime of consequences and other serious penalties. Do not wait to obtain the help you need. Let our Fort Lauderdale drug lawyers put our skills on your side.
Discuss your case today by calling our legal team!
He is a connoisseur of his craft and conveyed all arguments to its full potential.
“It is with great pleasure to write briefly and comment on John's performance, professionalism and compassion for me as his client. As an attorney, he always stayed ahead of what was going on, worked diligently and efficiently to satisfy all requests.”
He got it done!
“I hired John Hager, because my teen son got into a dispute in Ft. Lauderdale, and needed legal help. John turned out to be as advertised, he is smart, competent, detailed, and responsive to the client and his or her needs.”
I got my FREEDOM back because of Mr. John Hager
“Mr. Hager took on my case and in the following months he always returned my calls and replied to my emails promptly. His staff was also great at keeping me apprised of all court matters.”
"I guarantee he will not disappoint"
“Due to his hard work, the charges were never filed and case was dropped which is truly a miracle and we are so grateful for all his dedication. Should you ever need a defense attorney he is the person to contact, I guarantee he will not disappoint.”
choose an experienced team